The Invest Northern Ireland Innovation Vouchers programme enables small Northern Ireland registered businesses to apply for a voucher, worth up to £4,000, which they can redeem against the cost of specialist expertise from universities, colleges and publicly funded research institutes. The knowledge available can be applied to areas such as product development, process streamlining and customer interface improvement.
February call for applications The current call for applications to the Innovation Vouchers programme is open from 1 February until midnight on 29 February 2012.
Eligibility criteria To be eligible to apply for the Innovation Vouchers programme businesses must meet the following criteria:
- be a small enterprise ie the number of full-time employees is less than 50
- have an annual turnover and/or annual balance sheet total not exceeding €10 million
- businesses must be registered with Companies House Northern Ireland and hold a valid Northern Ireland Company Registration Number
- transportation and agriculture sectors are excluded
- ceiling of €200,000 for all De Minimis aid provided to any one firm over a three year period